Join me for a ride on my Super Tenere Adventure!
I’m taking six months to ride through 48 states and to the four corners of the Continental US from mid-May to October-ish, 2016
It’s time for a ride, I’m heading out on a journey this summer to ride all over the country. I’ll invite other Super Tenere owners, and ADV riders of all brands, to ride with me when I’m in their areas. It’s the same concept as in the PNWSTOG (www.pnwtenere.com) but on a much bigger scale, nationwide. Best of all, I’ll be blogging about the trip and the people I meet.
1. Not to ride alone, but to connect with other Super Tenere and adventure riders of all brands via social media.
2. Welcome interested riders to ride with me from state to state. There will be no freeway on the route, only two lane pavement and forest roads.
2. Go on small group adventure rides around the country with other adventure riders. Have them show me their favorite dual sport routes.
3. Do sections of the BDRs and Adventure Trails around the country (TWAT in Wisconsin and TART in Arkansas to name a few)
4. Help build the Super Tenere brand as the adventure bike it is.
5. Engage the online community through Facebook groups, my blog, YouTube and the Tenere forum to find people to ride with.
6. Use www.MotoStays.com to find lodging (a spare room or a backyard to camp in).
7. Promote the great companies that make Super Tenere accessories and gear that I use like: Yamaha, Altrider,Twisted Throttle, Touratech, Heidenau tires, Mosko Moto luggage, Giant Loop Luggage, Icon, Klim, Cyclops adventure lights, Best Rest products and Redverz tents.
The trip will be essentially self-funded, but I’d love some support from the adventure community as I make my way around the USA. I’ll be looking for a spare room or back yard to camp in for a night or two. I do need a power source for a medical device (C-PAP) but I’m self sufficient otherwise.
In my six-month time frame, the simple math breaks down to a nice leisurely pace of 3-4 days per state. I’d want to plan day loop rides from a Yamaha dealership or other local ADV businesses in one part of the state but I’m open to most suggestions.
I just hope it doesn’t end up looking like Forrest when he stops running…. lol
This has been a dream for about 7 years now, and I’m really looking forward to getting out on the road to ride with everyone in the ADV community.
Contact me on my Facebook blog or here on my blog if you’d like to ride with me, host me when I pass through, or help me out in some way.
Glen “Northwest Cajun” Comeaux